Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Prayer- what is it good for? Absolutely Everything

When we pray everyday, we are strengthening our walk with God. We are building our defenses against Satan, who love nothing more than to see us fail and fall as he did. If you ignore God and His commandments, He is more likely to ignore your requests. Psalm 37:4 says, "Delight yourself in The Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." If you are constantly turning to God, and allowing yourself to be content in His will and His ways, He will bless you in ways you cannot even begin to imagine. The Lord has blessed me with an amazing family, and I am eternally grateful for my wife and kids even though I sometimes don't show it. We need to be careful and always have peace with them. Sometimes we have to make the hard decisions as men, and they may not understand it, and may be mad at you for it sometimes, which is why we need to turn and trust God (Prov 3:5,6). In James 5:16, it says when a believing person prays, awesome things happen. God blesses those so much who turn to Him in prayer, be it in gratitude, or suffering. We must remember God allows us to be here and He cares for us. In 1 Peter 5:7 it says to cast all of our cares upon Him because he cares for us. John 3:16 goes even further and tells how He sent Jesus to die on the cross for us. There is a special on the History Channel that talks of crucifixion and how it was meant to be the ultimate ate punishment and embarrassment. Jesus died in the most humiliating way as atonement for our sins from Our Father. King David goes on to say in Psalms," For The Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord bestows honor and favor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless, O Lord God, blessed is the man who trusts in you. In Matthew 6: 9-13 Jesus gave an example on how we should pray, called the Lords Prayer. 

Our Father who art in Heaven (acknowledging He is the supremes Being)

Hallowed be thy Name (his name is the most holy of all) 

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven ( Saying We strive to subject ourselves to His will as that is our purpose) 

Give us this day our daily bread ( a request for supplying all of our needs and he does day in and day out) 

And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors ( forgive us as we forgive those who do us wrong, and give us the strength to be as loving as God is and as patient) 

And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil ( keep us strong and safe from the evil one who seeks to make us fail( 1 peter 5:8)) 

For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. ( again exalting His Glorious name) 

Amen

This is how Jesus prayed,a and how we ought to pray, in the same context. Jesus is our Saviour, but also our friend and brother. When God calls us His Children home, Jesus will be right there, vouching for us. He says No man comes to the Father but through me. 
John 12:44-50
Jesus Came to Save the World
 And Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me. And whoever sees me sees him who sent me. I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness. If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day. For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment—what to say and what to speak. And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment